Sunday, October 31, 2010
Eric and I attended the WHNA's Spooktacular for the first time this year. Along for the ride were Jackie and Hannah, Eric's younger sisters. Here are a few pictures of our time there. You can see why this is considered Washington Height's most famed event. The displays and costumes were "Spooktacular" only to superseded by the people's generosity and love for the neighborhood.
Thursday, October 28, 2010
- An incident (#102910050) of Vehicle Theft was recorded at 2033 N 48th St on October 18, 2010 @ 11:03 am. Status: Refered/Closed.
- An incident (#102890032) of Theft was recorded at 2201 N 51st St on October 16, 2010 @ 7:19 am. Status: Filed Other
- An incident (#102510051) of Locked Vehicle Entry was recorded at 2022N 52nd St on September 8, 2010 @ 11:02 am. Status: Refered/ Closed.
- An incident (#102080118) of Locked Vehicle Entry was recorded at 1825 N Hi Mount Bl on July 27, 2010 @ 2:17 pm. Status: Refered/Closed.
- An incident (#102720043) of Locked Vehicle Entry was recorded at 2024 N 51st St on September 29, 2010 @ 9:22 am. Status Refered/ Closed.
- An incident (#102580172) of Theft was Recorded at 4921 W Garfield Ave on September 15, 2010 @ 7:22 pm. Status: Filed Other.
Sunday, October 24, 2010
- If you haven't done so, vote for when you would like the next Block Watch meeting. FYI This meeting will also be a social gathering to celebrate the holiday season.
- Is anyone interested in hosting the December meeting/ social gathering?
- Need someone to distribute a flyer to invite/remind people of the Block Watch meeting? Leave a comment to volunteer.
- Report on issues discussed at WHNA's November Block Watch meeting. (I'm going, anyone interested in joining me?)
- If there is something you would like to discuss, leave a comment below.
Saturday, October 16, 2010
The 21st WHNA Annual Spooktacular will be held October 30th from 6:30-8:30 PM. This is a neighborhood event not to miss. The Spooktacular's location is kept secret under lock and key until you register for the event. The cost is $5 per child for WHNA members and $10 per child for non-members. There is a $2 discount if you donate a 1lb. or larger bag of individually wrapped candy. In-person registration will be held at:
- Saturday October 16th from 10:00am-2:00pm @ Divine Word Lutheran Church located on the corner of 55th and Lloyd.
- Wednesday October 20th from 6:00pm-8:00pm @ Cold Spoon Gelato located on 60th and Vliet.
- Saturday October 23rd from 10:00am-2:00pm @ Divine Word Lutheran Church.
If you are unable to register in-person call WHNA at 297-9617. Registration after October 23rd will set you back $13 per child. For more information checkout the front page of the Washington Heights Highlighter.
Thursday, October 14, 2010
- Small turnout for this month's meeting, just 5 of us. Leave a comment to leave your 2 cents.
- Pete will follow up on getting the Forestry Dept. to trim trees around street lights.
- Snow removal for the alley on the east side of the street. Does anyone remember who was going to look into finding a new snow removal provider. (Kim was this you to tell us who the west side of the block uses.) Leave a comment if you have any information.
- Next Meeting sometime in December, Thur 2, Sat. 4, Thurs, 9. Vote on the blog or leave a comment.
- Liz will remind you to come take a look at the blog.
- Anyone interested in Christmas caroling this season. Leave a comment.
- Make sure to register for the WHNA Spooktacular. More info in the Highlighter, or look for a post soon to come.
- Flyer for next month's meeting, topics to announce in addition to time and place. Ideas? Anyone interested in making/distributing?
- Anyone interested in attending the WHNA block watch meeting. We could send a representative to attend the meeting and take notes to report back to our group. Meetings are held the second monday of each month. For more information call 588-5619.