Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Sunday, November 21, 2010
- WHNA block watch meeting: anyone interested in attending/sending a representative from our block.
- Recent increase in car break-ins and theft.
- Pay Pete and thank him for contracting snow removal for the alley on the east side of the street.
- Volunteer to create and distribute flyer for January's meeting.
- Holiday lights.
- Schedule our next block watch meeting and location.
- If there is something you'd like to discuss leave a comment.
Thursday, November 18, 2010
* 2010/ 2011 Winter Alley Plowing *
It may seem a bit early to be thinking snow, but it can come any day now in Wisconsin.
I have made arrangements with Volmer Plowing to plow our alley between Hi Mount and 51st Street this winter. The company also plows the alley between 51st Street and 52nd Street and come highly recommended from our neighbors that use that alley.
I am looking for donations to cover the cost of the plowing this winter. A donation of $20 per single family household or $10 per duplex tenant will cover the costs for a single winter.
Last Saturday, November 13th I walked around our block and dropped off flyers. The total cost for the winter is $225.00 and we are really close to reaching that amount. I have collected $190.00 so far. Any further donations would be greatly appreciated. We all use the alley. Although I mention the amount of $10 or $20 above, any amount will help.
Please drop your donation off at my house. I have a mail slot in my door.
Thank you for your help,
2164 N 51st Street
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Liz and I are planning to host the 2nd annual "Holiday Cheer" at my house December 12th from 3 to 7 p.m. We will forward more details as soon as they become available. Stay warm everybody!
Friday, November 12, 2010
My tenant's car was broken into last night. If you recall, it was her boyfriend's car that was stolen this summer. It is the bright yellow 4-door. It was parked on the street between Fitzgerald's and Michelle's house. The small triangular window in the back seat was smashed. I don't know any other details at this point.
If you saw/heard something, please contact me ASAP via e-mail at email@example.com or 414.444.0339.
P.S. A guy named Bo is house-sitting for Michelle (the house with the purple door). I spoke with him and Pat, the tenant to our immediate south and neither saw anything. Bo said that Michelle's grill grate was taken some time ago from their yard.
P.P.S. Earlier this week, I saw a small amount of glass that looked like auto safety glass in front of Fitzgerald's house. I don't know if there was another incident.
P.P.P.S. If you or someone you know has one or two garage spaces available for rent, please let us know. I think that the tenants would prefer to park inside.
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Eric and I attended the WHNA's Spooktacular for the first time this year. Along for the ride were Jackie and Hannah, Eric's younger sisters. Here are a few pictures of our time there. You can see why this is considered Washington Height's most famed event. The displays and costumes were "Spooktacular" only to superseded by the people's generosity and love for the neighborhood.
Thursday, October 28, 2010
- An incident (#102910050) of Vehicle Theft was recorded at 2033 N 48th St on October 18, 2010 @ 11:03 am. Status: Refered/Closed.
- An incident (#102890032) of Theft was recorded at 2201 N 51st St on October 16, 2010 @ 7:19 am. Status: Filed Other
- An incident (#102510051) of Locked Vehicle Entry was recorded at 2022N 52nd St on September 8, 2010 @ 11:02 am. Status: Refered/ Closed.
- An incident (#102080118) of Locked Vehicle Entry was recorded at 1825 N Hi Mount Bl on July 27, 2010 @ 2:17 pm. Status: Refered/Closed.
- An incident (#102720043) of Locked Vehicle Entry was recorded at 2024 N 51st St on September 29, 2010 @ 9:22 am. Status Refered/ Closed.
- An incident (#102580172) of Theft was Recorded at 4921 W Garfield Ave on September 15, 2010 @ 7:22 pm. Status: Filed Other.
Sunday, October 24, 2010
- If you haven't done so, vote for when you would like the next Block Watch meeting. FYI This meeting will also be a social gathering to celebrate the holiday season.
- Is anyone interested in hosting the December meeting/ social gathering?
- Need someone to distribute a flyer to invite/remind people of the Block Watch meeting? Leave a comment to volunteer.
- Report on issues discussed at WHNA's November Block Watch meeting. (I'm going, anyone interested in joining me?)
- If there is something you would like to discuss, leave a comment below.
Saturday, October 16, 2010
- Saturday October 16th from 10:00am-2:00pm @ Divine Word Lutheran Church located on the corner of 55th and Lloyd.
- Wednesday October 20th from 6:00pm-8:00pm @ Cold Spoon Gelato located on 60th and Vliet.
- Saturday October 23rd from 10:00am-2:00pm @ Divine Word Lutheran Church.
If you are unable to register in-person call WHNA at 297-9617. Registration after October 23rd will set you back $13 per child. For more information checkout the front page of the Washington Heights Highlighter.
Thursday, October 14, 2010
- Small turnout for this month's meeting, just 5 of us. Leave a comment to leave your 2 cents.
- Pete will follow up on getting the Forestry Dept. to trim trees around street lights.
- Snow removal for the alley on the east side of the street. Does anyone remember who was going to look into finding a new snow removal provider. (Kim was this you to tell us who the west side of the block uses.) Leave a comment if you have any information.
- Next Meeting sometime in December, Thur 2, Sat. 4, Thurs, 9. Vote on the blog or leave a comment.
- Liz will remind you to come take a look at the blog.
- Anyone interested in Christmas caroling this season. Leave a comment.
- Make sure to register for the WHNA Spooktacular. More info in the Highlighter, or look for a post soon to come.
- Flyer for next month's meeting, topics to announce in addition to time and place. Ideas? Anyone interested in making/distributing?
- Anyone interested in attending the WHNA block watch meeting. We could send a representative to attend the meeting and take notes to report back to our group. Meetings are held the second monday of each month. For more information call 588-5619.
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
- Lot's of left over brews from the block party that needs to be consumed.
Sunday, August 29, 2010
- An incident #102600113 of theft was recorded @ 1817 N. Hi Mount on September 17, 2010 @ 3:43 PM. Status: Refered/Closed
- An incident #102580077 of Burglary was recorded @ 1935 N 49th St. on September 15, 2010 @ 11:35 AM. Status: Filed Other.
- An icident #102380030 of Robbery was recorded @ 2190 N 49th St on August 26, 2010 @ 2:47 AM. Status: Filed Other.
- An incident #102510051 of Theft was recorded @ 2022 N 52nd St on September 8, 2010 @ 11:02 AM. Status: Refered/Closed
Sunday, August 22, 2010
I just got an e-mail from my tenant that her boyfriend's car was stolen from on the street in front of our house (2164) between 1:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. The car was locked but did not have an electronic alarm. There was no broken glass on the ground. My car and Cassie's car were also out there, but were not touched.
They have filed a police report. The police said that there were three cars stolen this weekend from the area (including Tosa according to her) and a few last weekend.
Brian & Kim said they didn't hear anything.
I need to get a description of the car. I think it was a charcoal grey small SUV -like a jeep or honda. If anyone saw or heard anything that might be helpful or seems suspicious, please let me know.
I do remember 3 teen boys walking down the middle of the street on Thursday afternoon/evening chatting. I thought i saw one of them looking into a a few cars. I couldn't be certain, it was subtle. I'm pretty sure he saw me looking at him but he actually touched a car at the north end of the block. They continued walking northward to the next block and i lost them in the leaves. This could have been nothing or something.
I'm a little freaked out about this. Thanks.
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
E-Notify is an excellent resource to help stay informed with what is happening in Milwaukee. Topics range from upcoming event at the library to public announcements from city officials. To register for E-Notify services click here, or in the resource colunm click on E-Notify Milwaukee.
- An incident # 102230058 of theft was recorded at 2129 N 51st Street on August 11, 2010 @ 12:05 PM. Status: Referred/Closed.
- An incident #102280067 of Assaults was recorded at 2200 N Hi Mount on August 16, 2010 @ 10:45PM. Status: on file
- An incident #102170011 of Burglary was recorded at 2215 N 52nd Street on August 5, 2010 @ 1:25 AM. Status: filed other
- AN incident # 102340059 of Vehicle Theft was recorded at 2162 N 51st Street on August 22, 2010 @ 11:42 PM Status: Refered/ Closdedas recorded at
- An incident #102280179 of theft was recorded at 2156 N 49th on August 16, 2010 @ 8:16 PM. Status: Filed (Other)
For more information regarding these incidents contact the District 3 Police Station at 935-7233.
Monday, August 16, 2010
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
- Block Party: Eileen, Kim , Sarah, and Kim are continuing their efforts to organize the Block Party on September 11, 2010. Look for the flyer to hit your mailbox in the future, along w/ an addition Block Party post.
- Kiddie parade
- cake walk
- ladder golf
- corn hole
- kid's stuff from 12-4
- dance contest
- 51 Block Watch sign-up sheet
- 51 Block Watch decided to keep the blog as its own, sorry Area 3. If Area 3 needs help starting a blog of their own, feel free to contact me.
- If you want to author a post on this blog sign up for a google account, then e-mail me, I will register you to post here.
- Area 3 council meeting will be held on September 14 location TBD.
- Kim and Brian have a blog of their own, follow their home restoration here.
- Pat offered to hand out flyer for late August meeting/ litter.
- 51st Street slogan contest. / possible activity @ block party.
Saturday, July 24, 2010
- Block Party details
- 51st Street slogan/logo /signs
- litter flyer
- posts for block watch blog- ideas/ other authors
- area 3 was wondering if we would be willing to share our blog
- post a comment if there is an item you want to discuss
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Thursday, July 15, 2010
47th St.- please bring appetizers, snacks (chips, cheese & crackers, etc.)
48th St.- side dishes (potato salad. baked beans, etc.)
49th St.- fruits, veggies
Hi Mount Blvd.- main dish (hot dogs, brats, chicken wings, etc.)
51st St.- desserts
Lloyd St., Garfield Ave., North Ave.- non-alcoholic beverages.
Questions? Contact Cynthia @ 732-6773 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, July 11, 2010
Friday, July 9, 2010
Thursday, July 8, 2010
- Eric suggested creating a flyer to inform neighbors of pressing issues and invite them to the next block watch meeting. i.e. porch lights to help make our block safer at night.
- Katie suggested contacting department of neighborhood services to trim trees to help street light efficacy.
- Pete said he knows people at DNS he will talk to them this fall.
- Eileen passed a petition for the September 11 block party if you haven't sighed it please contact Eileen
- Officer Kong handed out Neighborhood Crime Watch placards
- More discussion of phone tree, Mike and Sarah have it in the works. get on the list
- Liz addressed concerns of litter on the block, if you see litter pick it up. If things don't improve we'll send a flyer out for September meeting.
- Trisha recommended that if you need help with lawn care or the like contact St. Sebastian's School. Their students need to fill service hour requirements.
- Liz invited everyone to the Area 3 block Party at the Community Garden on 49th Street
- Agenda for next meeting: Block Party details
- Next meeting will be held August 4 at Kim and Brian's.